Acceptable Usage Policy
Last Updated January 4, 2018
This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) describes actions that CardTapp prohibits when any party uses CardTapp’s Services. This Policy is incorporated by reference and governed by the Terms of Service (www.cardtapp.com/tos) or other similar written agreement between you and CardTapp, which contains explanations of defined terms and takes precedence over any conflicting provisions in this AUP. You, the Customer, may not use the Services without agreeing to this AUP. Thus, you agree not to use, and not to encourage or allow any End User to use, CardTapp’s Services in prohibited manners, including but not limited to the following:
- Using the Services to encourage any illegal, abusive, or other activities that interfere with the business or activities of CardTapp.
- Attempting to bypass or break any security mechanism on any of the Services or using the Services in any other manner that poses a security or service risk to CardTapp or any of its users.
- Reverse-engineering the Services in order to find limitations, vulnerabilities, or evade filtering capabilities.
- Using the Services in any manner that may subject CardTapp or any third party to liability, damages, or danger.
- Launching or facilitating, whether intentionally or unintentionally, a denial of service attack on any of the Services or any other conduct that adversely impacts the availability, reliability, or stability of the Services.
- Transmitting any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms or any other malicious, harmful, or deleterious programs.
- Using the Services in any manner that violates: industry standards; any third party policies including all of the applicable guidelines published by the CTIA, the Mobile Marketing Association, or any other accepted industry associations, carrier guidelines (or any similar or analogous industry standards, third party policies or requirements in any other jurisdiction);, or requirements that CardTapp may communicate to its Customers including any usage requirements.
- Engaging in any unsolicited advertising, marketing or other activities, including any activities that violate anti-spam laws and regulations including the CAN SPAM Act of 2003, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, and the Do-Not-Call Implementation Act (or any similar or analogous anti-spam, data protection, or privacy legislation in any other jurisdiction). In particular, you may not initiate the Cardtapp text message share process to a recipient if the recipient has not requested that you do so.
- Using the Services in connection with any unsolicited or harassing messages (commercial or otherwise) including unsolicited or unwanted phone calls, SMS or text messages, voice mail, or faxes.
- Using the Services to harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses or phone numbers.
- Using the Services to engage in or in connection with fraudulent activity.
- Using the Services to receive, send or otherwise process Protected Health Information as defined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 as amended, unless you have signed a Business Associate Agreement with CardTapp or your use of the Services fits within the “conduit” or some other exception for requiring a Business Associate Agreement.
- Violating or facilitating the violation of any local, state, federal, or foreign law or regulation, including laws and regulations regarding the transmission of data or software.
- Taking any action to participate in, encourage, or promote any activity prohibited under this AUP or the CardTapp Terms of Service.
- Using the Services to transmit any material that infringes the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties.
- Using the Services to transmit any material that is, facilitates, or encourages libelous, defamatory, discriminatory, or otherwise malicious or harmful speech or acts to any person or entity, including but not limited to hate speech, and any other material that CardTapp reasonably believes degrades, intimidates, incites violence against, or encourages prejudicial action against anyone based on age, gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, geographic location or other protected category.
- Creating a false identity or forged email address or header, or phone number, or otherwise attempting to mislead others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of a message or phone call.
- Using the Services, or any component of the Services, in any manner not authorized by CardTapp.
Furthermore, you agree that the following minimum usage and call duration requirements, which will be measured at the master account level on a calendar month basis, apply to your use of the Services, and you understand that we will provide you with notice of any violation of these requirements and allow you thirty (30) days to comply before taking any further action with your account in accordance with the Terms of Service or your agreement with CardTapp:
- Each phone number must have at least two (2) transmissions, which transmissions may be in the form of an inbound or outbound call, or SMS message.
- No more than 10% of your outbound voice calls may be under twelve (12) seconds in duration.
- No more than 10% of your inbound toll-free voice calls may be under twelve (12) seconds in duration.
- No more than 10% of your inbound toll-free calls may be incomplete (i.e. unanswered).
Please note: This list of prohibited uses is provided by way of example and should not be considered exhaustive. All determinations related to violations of this Acceptable Use Policy will be made by CardTapp in its sole discretion.
This AUP has examples of restricted behavior, but does not list all restricted behaviors. Ultimately, CardTapp will decide whether your use violates the AUP.
While we’ve done our best to make our AUP complete, readable, and understandable, you may still have additional questions. We get that. So, feel free to contact our support team at support@CardTapp.com.
Or, if you prefer, you may write to us at:
12708 Northup Way
Bellevue, WA 98005