So far in our Task-Based Training series, we’ve looked at various ways you can share your app as well as best practices of sharing. Last session reviewed how critical it is to integrate the sales process with your app, and this session we’ll look at how you can create consistent branding in your app. Consistent branding helps you maintain a strong brand presence while making your app immediately recognizable to clients.
Gather Your Brand Components
First, find the elements that make your brand unique and recognizable. Things like company logos, colors, or document headers and footers all contribute to your brand’s style. A professional headshot is also a key component of your app.
If you plan to use a logo as your app icon instead of your headshot, we recommend a square logo. Many companies have a “stacked” logo that works well as an app icon. Once you have collected all of your brand components, it’s time to make sure your app has consistent branding.
There are several ways you can make your app your own, and you can make almost all of them in your dashboard. Start by logging in to your dashboard. The menu on the left side of your dashboard has everything you need to customize your app.
Select Your App’s Color & Design
- Log in to the dashboard and navigate to the ‘Images and Theme’ tab.
- Find the “Choose a color theme” section towards the bottom of the page. Select one of the available options, or click “Custom” then “More” to select a specific color.
- Select from the two app design themes at the bottom of the page.
Add or Edit a Headshot or Logo
- Navigate to the ‘Images and Theme’ tab in your dashboard.
- Click the “Add/Change” button next to the logo or photo.
- Select the image from your computer.
- Re-size or enhance the image with the “Edit” button.
- Click the “Save” button to save your image!
Update Your Contact Information or Bio
- Navigate to the ‘Details’ tab in your dashboard.
- Replace the existing content with any new information you have.
- Click the “Save” button to update your information.
Connect with Your Social Media
- Navigate to the “Social Media” tab in your dashboard
- Paste the desired URLs into the applicable fields
Maintain Consistent Branding Throughout the App
Make sure that everything in your app is consistent with your current branding conventions. Labels of your buttons and fonts or images on any documents should reflect what you already use in your day to day operations. Review the resources in your app to make sure that your resources work together to create a consistent message.
Task 7: Customize your app for Consistent Branding
Start reviewing your app today! Your next task is to review your app, make necessary changes, and identify resources that may need updated. We’ll review how to update documents and resources in an upcoming session. For now, make sure your app is just the way you want it. Some members in an enterprise account might have a “read-only” status on their dashboard, so if you need help adjusting an image, let us know!