So far in our Task-Based Training series, we’ve looked at various ways you can share your app as well as best practices of sharing. Then, we transitioned to how to integrate the sales process with your app, create consistent branding, add custom content in your app, create a digital experience, and streamline the sales process. Now, we’re moving on to highlight features outside of our basic subscription. Next up, using SMS marketing to complement sales and marketing initiatives and to maximize client engagement.
SMS Marketing is the way to go
SMS (text message) marketing has been rapidly growing in popularity. In fact, it was one of the most common channels that companies focused on last year. It’s popularity shouldn’t be a surprise. On average, text messages are opened and read more frequently than other communication channels, so it’s an effective way to promote offerings or provide customer service. CardTapp’s SMS Marketing feature makes it easy for service providers to leverage the popularity of this channel to reach app users.
Effective Text Message Marketing
Because consumers receive so many messages, it’s important to make sure texts provide value. Therefore, app owners should make sure messages are relevant. Indeed, text message marketing is effective for:
- Customer service interactions
- Sales promotion reminders
- Purchase updates or notifications
Additionally, app owners can schedule things like post-sale customer service check-ins or client anniversary messages.
Scheduling Text Messages from the Desktop Dashboard
- Log in to your desktop dashboard and click the ‘SMS Messages’ tab.
- Click the plus icon in the top right corner of the campaign grid.
- Enter Campaign Information
- Enter a Campaign name (this is how your bulk text will be listed in the ‘Campaigns’ tab)
- Select recipients from the “Recipients” dropdown menu
- Choose “All tappers” to select all Tappers in the system when the text is sent
- Pick “Manually select…” to select individual Tappers
- Choose “Select via tags” to select all Tappers with a selected tag or set of tags as of the scheduled campaign. Start typing a tag in the “Tags” field to include associated Tappers in the message
- Select when you want to send your text message.
- Click the radio button next to “Immediately” to send the message right away.
- Select “Specific date and time” and manually enter or use the calendar picker to select the date and time to send the message.
- Type your message in the “Message” field adding merge fields if desired. When available, you can also select from pre-defined messages using the speech bubble icon to load a message. Click the blue “Send” or “Schedule” button.
Manually select Tappers
- Click the radio button next to individual Tappers to add them as a recipient
- Pick the radio button in the column header to select all current Tappers.
- Click the “OK” button after all desired recipients are selected.
Select Tappers by tags
- Select desired tags from the dropdown menu that appears
- Click additional tags to include multiple groups of Tappers
- Use the “x” icon next to a tag to remove it
Task 20: Schedule an SMS Campaign
The task for this session is to identify a promotion or outreach opportunity and to schedule a text message campaign to a group of app users. Be sure to review how to respond to app users if they reply to the message.
- How to Send Texts for SMS Marketing
- How to Schedule Bulk Text Messages
- Managing SMS Campaigns
- Set an Auto-Response on your Business Line
- Insert Merge Fields in a Message