So far in our Task-Based Training series, we’ve looked at various ways you can share your app as well as best practices of sharing. Then, we transitioned to how to integrate the sales process with your app, create consistent branding, add custom content in your app, create a digital experience, and streamline the sales process. Now, we’re moving on to highlight features outside of our basic subscription. Next up, is using text messaging with app users, which increases consumer engagement. More engagement helps salespeople more effectively engage leads and clients.
Text Messaging for Improved Engagement
Texting is a great way to interact with prospects and clients. Not only is it convenient, but it’s effective. In fact, nearly 100% of text messages are opened and read. With a Pro subscription, app owners can text message registered users from the dashboard or TappTracker with a dedicated business line that helps app owners keep work and personal text messages separate.
Texting from the Desktop Dashboard
- Log in to your desktop dashboard and click the ‘SMS Messages’ tab.
- Click the blue, “New Message” button at the top left of the Messaging window
- Select a recipient from the Tapper list that appears. Use the search bar if needed. Note: This process only allows you to text one Tapper. To text multiple Tappers at once from the desktop dashboard, use the SMS Campaign feature. (Keep an eye out for next month’s article to learn more.)
- The Tapper’s text thread includes any previous messages. Select any existing thread in this window to review messages, check for replies, or send a new message.
Texting from TappTracker
- Open TappTracker and navigate to the “SMS Messaging” tab in the bottom menu.
- Click the blue “+” button in the bottom-right corner.
- Select the individual you want to receive your message from the Tapper list or click the tag icon to filter by a specific tag. Learn more about adding tags to Tappers.
Set an Auto-Response
To set an auto-response message on the business line if you’ll be away from the office:
- Navigate to the ‘SMS Messages’ tab of the dashboard.
- Click the Auto-responder text towards the top right of the page to draft your auto-response message.
- In the new window that appears, type your auto-response message with any merge fields desired, and click the “Save” button.
Task 19: Identify an opportunity for consumer engagement
The task for this session is to identify an opportunity to increase consumer engagement. Start by reviewing your list of app users. Filter by registered users to get a list of app users eligible to receive text messages. Then, think of a way to connect with them on a personal level via a text message. You can use notes or a CRM to find hobbies, interests, or recent events that might be impactful to a specific app user. Send a quick message to check in or share an update.
- How to Send Texts for SMS Marketing
- How to Schedule Bulk Text Messages
- Managing SMS Campaigns
- Set an Auto-Response on your Business Line
- Insert Merge Fields in a Message