So far in our Task-Based Training series, we’ve looked at various ways you can share your app as well as best practices of sharing. Then, we transitioned to how to integrate the sales process with your app, create consistent branding, add custom content in your app, create a digital experience, and streamline the sales process. Now, we’re moving on to highlight features outside of our basic subscription. Next up, is the EasyText keyword, which helps salespeople with mass distribution of their tools and resources.
Sharing an app via an EasyText Keyword
Many of our members have an EasyText keyword included in their subscription. With a keyword, app owners have a way to deliver their app with its tools and resources to multiple people at one time. Instead of gathering up contact information at a large event, trade show, or lunch and learn, EasyText users simply prompt attendees to test their keyword to the short code 36260. App recipients can text the keyword to the short code simultaneously. Then, each of them receives a link to the app.
Find your EasyText Keyword
- Log in to your desktop dashboard or TappTracker app.
- Find your keyword at the top of the dashboard by the “Your SMS Keyword” label.
- In TappTracker, click the menu icon and review the “Tell others to text [keyword] to 36260”.
How to share your app with your EasyText keyword
- Prompt others to text your keyword to the number 36260.
- An app link to install your app is automatically delivered.
- The recipient then installs the app.
Using automatic tags with EasyText
To leverage an EasyText keyword for mass distribution as well as sales and marketing, use tags. When prompting
To generate and assign a tag to a new Tapper using EasyText, simply add a tag after your keyword and ask them to include that in their text, so instead of prompting trade show attendees or lunch & learn guests to “Text yourkeyword to 36260“, ask instead for them to “Text yourkeyword #thistradeshow to 36260“. The text that follows the hashtag/pound sign (#) will automatically be included in the Tapper record upon following the link for your app.
Not only can app owners use tags to source leads, they can also use tags for contests or marketing campaigns.
Task 18: Leverage your EasyText keyword for Mass Distribution
The task for this session is to identify at least one opportunity to use your EasyText keyword to quickly distribute your app. First, review your calendar for upcoming presentations, lunch & learns, webinars, or trade shows. Then, prepare a slide or sign to display or add the keyword in your speaker bio.
- What is EasyText?
- How to Automate Assigning Tags
- CardTapp 201: Session 2 – Auto Tagging with EasyText
- Tip – Use Tags to Manage Contests or Giveaways
- Tip – Use Tags to Enhance Social Media Posts