There’s not a lot of variety in opinions around the value of mobile marketing. The short answer to “Should I invest in mobile marketing?” is a definitive yes, no matter the size of your business or the industry you are in.

The real question for a mobile marketing strategy is about implementation: how.

Is there really any measurable business value to investing into a native app? Do text message marketing programs really help us build loyalty with our customers, or more importantly, meet revenue goals for our business?

Here are 7 statistics to help you navigate the best strategy for your business goals:

1. Apps account for 89% of mobile media time, with the other 11% spent on websites.

There’s no question that consumers are growing more and more tethered to their mobile devices, but a lesser know fact is that when they are staring at those glowing screens, they’re usually in an app.

Apps account for almost 90% of all mobile media time!

2. 91% of mobile users say that access to content is very important.

When your prospects are ready to make a decision, having access to your materials (no matter where they are or what time it is) is crucial in today’s market.

This eases transition to purchase for the consumer. Keeping that it mind, being able to track which assets your consumers find engaging is important for getting your messaging right and being effective when the time comes to close.

3. Average smartphone conversion rates are up 64% compared to the average desktop conversion rates. 

Pointe blanc: if you’re not on mobile, you’re losing business. It’s easier to close business via mobile.
You need to be accessible in the places where people are making buying decisions so when they’re thinking of you or they’re ready to flip the switch, you’re available for them.

4. 57% of users say they won’t recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile site.

This goes back to the usability argument, but takes it one degree further. If your prospects feel that your brand or professional representation will reflect poorly on them, they’re not going to recommend you.

5. 88% of consumers who search for a type of local business on a mobile device call or go to that business within 24 hours.

Talk about closing fast. If your goal is to bring in foot traffic, a traditional native app will likely not assist you in meeting that objective.
A mobile solution for referrals and mobile optimized website with good So-Lo-Mo (social-local-mobile) SEO or PWA (profressive web app or other web app) is a much better strategy. You want to be available to meet the need when they are searching for you on their phones.

6. By 2018, 8 in 10 email users will likely access their email accounts exclusively from their mobile devices.

If you do any email marketing (which you better be!), this is important to note! Are you emails formatted for mobile? If 80% of your clients and prospects will be exclusively checking their email from their mobile devices, you can’t afford to miss out.

7. Mobile offers are redeemed 10x more frequently than print offers.

Boo ya. Need we say more? Mobile. Closes. Business.

*All statistics above were pulled from this list that was already nicely put together by IMPACT.