It’s no secret that push notifications don’t hold anyone’s affections. Does your phone blow up all day with push notifications from all the apps you’ve downloaded? Or, have you already changed your settings to turn those annoying alerts off? If you have, imagine what your customers are going to do if you rely on push notifications to get your messages to them quickly.
What is the fastest way to get a customer to stop engaging with you? Being annoyingly aggressive in marketing. In a recent study, it was discovered that users across all demographics have deleted apps for sending annoying push notifications. The numbers speak for themselves:
- 78% of millennials have reported deleting an app for annoying push notifications
- 60% of iPhone users & 40% of Android users are opting out of push notifications
- 54% of people do not find push notifications helpful
- 52% specifically report that they find them annoying
- 46% of people disable an app’s push notifications after receiving 2-5 alerts within one week
- 32% of those users will just delete the app altogether if they receive 6 notifications in one week
If you’re considering getting your own app, this news may seem very disheartening. But, there is something you can do to make sure you’re not annoying customers while still keeping them engaged! CardTapp’s digital assistant technology is different, it allows you to send personalized mass text messages from your designated business line number instead of push notifications. We have incorporated decades of industry expertise to create the best SMS marketing software currently on the market.
Why Mass Text Messaging Is Better Than Push Notifications
People actually engage with text messages — unlike push notifications. Text message marketing have a staggering 98% open rate. According to Connect Mogul, 90% SMS or text messages are read within 3 minutes. This is an impressive statistic, but even more so when we realize they’re read in under 5 seconds on average! Need more reasons to know whether text message marketing is right for your business? Consider these facts:
- Over 23 billion text messages are sent worldwide each day
- 97% of Americans use SMS at least once a day
- 5 billion people worldwide have the ability to send & receive SMS texts (excellent if you’re targeting international markets)
- 80% of people use texting for business
- Text messages have a 209% higher response rate than phone, email, and Facebook
- Average Americans check their phone 47 times per day
- American millennials send/receive around 2,000 texts per month
- 64% of consumers feel businesses should offer more texting services & support
The numbers simply do not lie. But, probably the most powerful statistic is how by using SMS marketing for salespeople can lead to a conversion rate of 40% higher than those who are not sent any text messages. In fact, texting in the sales process can lead to conversion gains of more than 100%.
Using a Mass Text Messaging Service to Boost Engagement
The best SMS marketing software combines ease of functionality with precise targeting. Sending personalized SMS text messages is a snap whether you’re mobile or at the office with CardTapp’s mobile and desktop solutions.
The CardTapp Marketing Assistant comes with a digital business card and an app called TappTracker. The Digital Business Card is the public-facing app that you share with your prospects, current customers, referral partners, and anyone else who plays a role in the growth and expansion of your business. TappTracker is the native app that is only for you — the member. This app tracks all the activity on your digital business card, stores the list of Users (everyone who has ever been invited to download your app — whether they downloaded it or not! — and their contact information), and logs any important notes related to those contacts that you or the referral source jotted down when your digital business card was shared.
Learn More About Our SMS Marketing Software
Whether you need to send a text blast to multiple receivers or one message directly to a single user, we make it simple to manage all of your business’ text marketing needs.
Request a live demo of the bulk text message platform.